(1) What are the subject areas covered in the training programmes offered by ELTIA?
Ans: The subject areas covered in the training are- Methodology, Four basic skills, Phonetics, Grammar, Evaluation and Testing, Study Skills, Peer Teaching, Classroom Management etc.
(2) What are the types of courses that ELTIA offers?
Ans: The types of courses that ELTIA offers are-
- Three month Diploma Course in ELT
- One month certificate course in ELT
- Short term in-service training Programme in ELT at ELTI,Assam
- Short term doorstep programme conducted in rural and tribal areas of Assam
(3) What are the facilities that an outstation trainee teacher gets during the training programme?
Ans: The outstation trainee teachers can stay in the ELTI, Assam Guest House situated at Ten AP (near Jyoti Chitrabon). Food is provided to the hostellers. The trainee teachers attending the training get TA, DA according to ELTI, Assam norms. They draw their salary from their respective schools.
(4) How do I attend a training programme conducted by ELTIA?
Ans: Generally the information of a forthcoming programme organised at the Headquarter is given to the Inspector of Schools/District Elementary Education Officer of the districts and they are requested to depute a certain number of teachers for the training. While organising a doorstep programme we contact the IS/ the DEEO of the particular district where we propose to conduct the training programme. We request the concerned officer to arrange a venue and depute a certain number of teachers for the programme.
(5) Who can attend the training programmes conducted by ELTIA?
Ans: The L.P., U.P. and Secondary teachers teaching English in the Government or provincialized schools of Assam can attend the training programmes conducted by ELTI, Assam.